At FortressIQ we’re developing process cognition technologies that understand how businesses operate. We’re improving people’s work lives by helping to automate routine tasks, allowing them to focus on higher value work and more meaningful interactions. We’re applying the latest advances in computer vision and machine learning to deliver the insights and tools businesses need to empower the digital workforce.
We’ve built the first AI platform that can understand a company’s workflows through simple observation, dramatically improving their organizational understanding. If you’re interested in designing and building a new category of business tools, and radically improving operations for some of the largest companies in the world, join us.
Do you enjoy bringing data to life through visualizations? Are you the type of person who writes SQL in their sleep and isn’t afraid of partitions, window functions and complex joins? Does telling a story through data to internal teams, senior management, and current and prospective customers sound like your dream job? If you said yes to all of those questions, we’ve got the job and, more importantly, the data for you!
We’re looking for an experienced data analyst that can leverage data to answer critical questions and create reporting for our key business functions both internally and externally. You’ll constantly partner with our data scientists, software engineers and customer success managers to develop deeper strategic insights. Additionally, you will help drive our data management practices and be the company’s liaison to any future data vendors.
Data is at the heart of our product and our data truly encompasses the “four Vs of big data”. The Volume of our data is unquestionable and is growing by the day! For Variety, our data spans time series, both categorical and continuous observations and also images. Every second we are gathering data and as more people use our product the Velocity will only go up. And lastly, since we are gathering data from humans, it should be assumed that there will be plenty of Veracity.
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years experience working as a Data/Business Analyst
- Advanced proficiency in SQL and experience or interest in R or Python
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Looker
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills -- especially when it comes to data
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience working with visualization libraries like D3
- Experience with machine learning algorithms
- Experience with Python or R (or any other scripting language)
- Knowledge of cloud platforms such as GCP, AWS, Azure
- Experience in an early stage startup